Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, October 3, 2007


Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, October 3, 2007


Preach the Gospel at all times - and when necessary use words.

- Francis of Assisi, who died on this day, 1226


Jesus stood before Pilate. He said nothing in His defense. No need, even if Pilate could not understand.

I remember visiting an English priest friend with my mother. After one day, at breakfast, my friend said to my mother, “Mrs. McHugh, I can tell that you are by nature a kind, giving, gentle person ….. unlike your son, who has had to be softened by Grace.” Well, I did have the grace to laugh.

Bottom line: we can talk all we want. It’s who we are, how we behave, that reveals the truth.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Brian+

No comments: