Monday, October 29, 2007


Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, October 30, 2007



The Banks of the Oise, 1877/1878

Alfred Sisley, French impressionist painter, born on this day, 1839




Alfred Sisley was born in Paris. I envy him! I first went to Paris when I was 58. It was cold as we birded in the Bois de Bologne - and I really don’t like the cold! The next time, it was warmer. I set off to spend a day by myself, waiting for friends to arrive. Rounding a corner on the Left Bank, I saw a charming little restaurant, free of people. I sat outside, looking over the Seine, read my novel, and ate ….. sweetbreads! Does Life get any better!

So, here is a Sisley painting. A critic said of Sisley that he “painted a world of tranquility”.

So, take a moment to gaze at the picture. Have a little tranquility before you take on the day!

Brian+

p.s. Apologies and regrets to those who can’t get emailed pictures!

No comments: