Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, January 30, 2008


The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.

- Rabindranath Tagore

On good days, this is exactly how I feel! I was watching the large dark gray clouds scudding across the sky this morning, sailing along among large blur patches as I made my way from Chino Valley to Prescott for our annual clergy conference. (This morning, a presentation on fundamentalism – should be interesting!!). Snow was on the mountains, glittering in the morning sun. My head is stuffed up with allergies (??). My abdominal hernia is bulging and hurts a bit. I’m waiting for a prostate biopsy report. But you know what? I feel that then stream of life runs through the World – and that it runs through me!

I don’t always feel this. So I’m grateful today that I do. I feel my spouse attending lovingly to his clients in California. I feel my friends all over the World living their lives. I feel the morning sun in Jamaica and the toucans calling in Costa Rica and the strange feeling of the charcoal burning in the market in Nicaragua.

May the wonder of it all fill you today!

Brian+

No comments: