Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, September 05, 2007


Nomad Exquisite

As the immense dew of Florida
Brings forth
The big-finned palm
And green vine angering for life,

As the immense dew of Florida
Brings forth hymn and hymn
From the beholder,
Beholding all these green sides,

And blessed mornings,
Meet for the eye of the young alligator,
And lightning colors
So, in me, comes flinging
Forms, flames, and the flakes of flames.


- Wallace Stevens

I was just too ….. I don’t want to say “tired”, last night, to compose the Reflection for today. It sort of annoys me when people say, “I’m tired”. As soon as I feel that annoyance, of course I then have to ask myself, “What’s going on with you, Brian”. It always - or mostly always - comes back to us, doesn’t it. (Statement, not question.) I pondered it.

“Forms, flames, and the flakes of flames.” What it is, is that I want Life to be chock-full of “green sides and blessed mornings”. Not frantic. It could be quiet, tranquil. Like now, as I write. The Arizona morning is taking shape out of the night. I can’t yet tell if the sky is clear or a textured grey. The doves are sitting calmly on the stones beneath the platform feeder waiting, I fancy, for ….. me to bring them breakfast! When I’m away, I think of them there, disappointed. In the olive trees out front, some Great-tailed Grackle is squawking about something. My tea is cooling in the bone china cup beside me. In California, my beloved is off to work.

If there are going to be “green sides and blessed mornings” in our lives, oh yes, those things are offered. That, I choose to believe, is how God, or the Universe, works. But we must welcome them, see them. And I recall, a friend’s PET scan yesterday came back, “Nothing Wrong”. A flake of flame!

Now. Carry this into the day.

Brian+

No comments: