Thursday, June 14, 2007

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, June 13, 2007


A Faery Song

[ sung by the people of Faery over Diarmuid and Grania,in their bridal sleep under a Cromlech.]

We who are old, old and gay,

O so old!Thousands of years, thousands of years,
If all were told:
Give to these children, new from the world,
Silence and love;
And the long dew-dropping hours of the night,
And the stars above:
Give to these children, new from the world,
Rest far from men.
Is anything better, anything better?
Tell us it then:
Us who are old, old and gay,
O so old!
Thousands of years, thousands of years,
If all were told.

- William Butler Yeats, poet, Nobel in Literature 1923,
born on this day, 1865, in Dublin


I’m getting older. I’m reading exciting things about who we are, who I am, what we are meant to become.

I think about what I can give to those I love, know, will come to know, “miss”, as I become even older, “old, old and gay” in the thousands of years ahead.

Silence and love;And the long dew-dropping hours of the night,And the stars above:Rest far from men.

“Is anything better, anything better?”

Brian+

No comments: